Friday, November 28, 2008

Belated Happy Thanksgiving!


Good evening, dear friends! I am hoping you all had a truly happy and peaceful Thanksgiving Day with friends and family beside you! All was well here, although my middle son went down-state, so he, his girlfriend and her little son were much missed. But they will be up this weekend for a leftover Thanksgiving Dinner, along with the others! I certainly over-guess when it comes to fixing a large meal! So, I will put a pot of turkey soup on in the morning, as my daughter is having a few friends come spend the day.
Mom came up again this morning to help put the finishing touches on the Barn-Shop, as we are having our Christmas Open House this weekend and next. We had just enough time to gather and assemble several simple bundles of pine boughs to use as decorating and selling before the sun began to set and it was time to put the chickens to bed for the evening! It was snowing a bit this morning as I headed out for my walk, and it stayed cold throughout the day. Needless to say, the ol' wood stove kept us warm while we were busy! I am so grateful for wood heat, as nothing else warms so thoroughly!
Other than that, not much is new here. The coyotes have been howling and carrying on throughout the nights... perhaps complaining of the coldness. And Mandy discovered a small hawk perching on the porch woodpile the other morning... we thought perhaps he was injured, but I believe he was simply keeping out of the rain and snow-showers! He flew away as soon as I opened the door!
Well, I hope the remainder of your week is pleasant and happy as we head into the holiday season! Take care til next time... ~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment