Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Harvest Tidings


Posted Nov-12-07 10:06:14 PST
Harvest Tidings to all you dear friends. I apologize for being away for over a month... I have been extremely busy working on the Barn-Shop & creating new treasures to sell & list! I am pleased to announce that my shop will open this weekend & will continue to be open until December 16th... weekends only! My mother & I have been toiling away to put the finishing touches on, and are still sewing & painting & creating. The house is a disaster, but the Barn-Shop looks lovely (if I do say so myself!) I will try to get some pictures posted very soon if possible.
The gardens are pretty snugged down for the coming winter. Mandy & I spent several hours weeding & tidying up... she was pulling out Jerusalem Artichokes & I was tugging away at Sweet Annie. The chickens scurried to & fro grabbing any tasty morsels & earthworms they could see! I never did get the remainder of the Strawberries replanted into the newer garden, but I know they will be waiting come spring.
Upon awakening this morning, I noticed the tiniest bit of snow had fallen as I headed down to the barn for chores. I do love snow, and snow for Thanksgiving would be lovely! The barn critters are still trying to figure out what to do about the thick ice that forms in the water bowl each morning; their memories of last year do not sustain them and they peck repeatedly at it until fresh water replaces the dark ice!
Friends... I have much to do so I will close now. I will not be away for as long next time & I hope to have a few new holiday & seasonal goods listed by this week. Blessings to all of you, and may your hearts find joy in the days heading towards Thanksgiving. ~Laura of Wildenblue Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment