Tuesday, November 11, 2008

August Already???


Posted Aug-02-07 07:41:21 PDT
Well... the garden (nor weeds!) will not wait for life's upheaving moments to pass. I picked only about a quart of raspberries this morning... so many more had fallen to the ground from being over-ripe. Sigh... I threw a few handfuls of those to a flock of passing guinea hens and felt a little less wasteful, then mulched a few rows of the berries, as it's been fairly dry. I then grabbed a basket and gathered the Tansy that has been blooming for a while now... the flowers are at the perfect stage for drying. The geese rushed quickly to my side, as they thought I had brought a special treat for them. They snapped disgustedly at a few fallen Tansy leaves, and quickly retreated to another destination! It has been horribly hot this week, and the high humidity complicates this. I much prefer Autumn; even Winter weather better suits my temperment.(Or... more honestly... makes me less tempermental!)
I would like to send a little "thank you" to all who've sent cards and emails offering kindness and support to my family during this time of my father's passing. It eases the burden a little each time we receive a caring message. My mom seems a little anxious to get back to working on the barn~shop! I imagine we will get back to that in a week or two... if just for a few hours here and there!
I leave you now til next time with this... Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment