Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blueberry Muffin recipe


The weekend is here, and with that comes baking. Kaitlyn is here from New Hampshire to spend a week with Mandy, so last night I made Sticky Buns and Blueberry Muffins to have on hand for a quick snack or breakfast. I made a pot of Vegetable Bean Soup this morning and headed outdoors to shovel a bit around the barn and greenhouse, as we are supposed to get another snowstorm tonight and tomorrow, and I did not want the weight of the snow from the other day plus an additional 6 to 8 inches that is expected with this storm to wreak havoc on either structure.

I just finished putting together an Ice-Cream cake, as I am having Sunday dinner tomorrow night, and need to make a batch of coleslaw to go with the Pulled Pork I will slow-cook tomorrow. I am the only vegetarian in my family... my three sons, daughter and their significant others will tolerate meatless dishes, but when all get together, they prefer something more substantial!

So I am off to make coleslaw, but thought I'd give you my recipe for the muffins. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Blueberry Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl, sift together
2 cups of Flour
1 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds

In a second bowl, combine the following wet ingredients
1 cup Milk
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Lemon (or Orange) Juice
6 Tablespoons melted Butter
2 cups fresh or frozen Blueberries

Beat wet ingredients well, then add the dry ingredients, stirring only til just incorporated. Put into paper liners in your muffin pan and sprinkle heavily with Cinnamon-and-Sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment