Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy July 4th!


Posted Jul-04-08 14:34:30 PDT
I had to drop in to wish you all a Happy Independence Day! My shop is opened this weekend and next, as we're having our summer Open House... so this won't be long. The Strawberries have all gone by, and now the blackberries, raspberries and currants are making their entrance in the garden. As I was picking the spinach, lettuce and beet greens, I realized it was time to plant a fresh crop of each, as the spinach has begun to bolt, and the lettuce will surely follow soon!
Last week, my sons' friend Josh came by to pick up a window and as he picked it up to load it into his truck, he discovered a nest of 11 Guinea Hen's eggs underneath, which mom promptly placed in the incubator. We are down to 15 guineas, as two have succumbed to an unknown predator. I love to see them wandering out in the back meadow, but I am having quite a time keeping them from straying across the road. I have clipped their wings, yet they continue to be able to fly over the fences and escape. Does anyone have any suggestions about this? I'm almost desperate...
I've been meaning to let folks know I've switched my Etsy Shops around... the old one is now mostly Etsy Shop banners/ avatars (
www.wildenblue.etsy.com) and my newest shop (www.wildenbluefarm.etsy.com) contains my primitive goods and items from the farm. I'm sorry I took so long to mention this! I hope to begin listing on Ebay soon, and I am planning to open a third Etsy Shop, which will feature Vintage items and ephemera.
Well, that's all for now, but again, Happy July 4th blessings to you and yours! ~Kindest regards, Laura of Wildenblue Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment