Monday, November 10, 2008

A Recipe to Share... Lemon Drop Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting


Posted Jul-01-07 07:57:00 PDT
Such a lovely day today... cool, sunny & breezy! A good day to wash a load of laundry & get it out on the clothesline! My youngest son has completed his homeschool studies and we are having a small family gathering later this afternoon in celebration of this milestone. We have been homeschooling for over 15 years now. Three children finished and one to go... where has the time flown? And where have my little ones gone? Sigh...
I dug out a few favorite family recipes to make for this occasion. I am waiting for my Deviled Eggs to finish boiling, I made another pitcher of Peach Sweet Tea & I still need to make an Ice Cream Cake and some Lemon Drops. My friend Martha gave me this recipe a few years ago, and they've been a family favorite since. I don't think she'll mind if I share it...
Lemon Drops with Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
*1/2 cup butter *1/2 cup shortening *2 cups flour *3/4 cup sugar *1/3 cup milk
*1 Tablespoon lemon peel *1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine shortening & butter; beat til soft. Add half the flour and the rest of the ingredients. Beat til combined; then add the remaining flour. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Cool and frost with......
Lemon- Cream Cheese Frosting
*4 oz. softened Cream Cheese *1/4 cup soft butter *1 cup+ Confectioners Sugar
*2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice *1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Cream together the butter and Cream Cheese. Add the remaining ingredients... use more Confectioners Sugar if necessary... til of a nice, thick, spreadable consistency. Frost the tops of the cookies with a snowy mound of Cream Cheese Frosting and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment