Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tis the Season...


Hello friends! Yesterday's high was 11 degrees. We've had a bout of very cold weather this past week, and a few inches of very heavy wet snow and ice. The trees look lovely and fragile encased in their crystal armor. It is very difficult to get up the driveway, even with four-wheel drive, and getting down is equally challenging! Walking is out of the question! And yet tomorrow, they are predicting rain and temperatures in the forties! Go figure! I would appreciate a goodly dumping of real, old fashioned snow! Ah well! We have had a lovely little pheasant visiting the birdfeeders this past week. She arrives early in the morning and stays most of the day. She is often joined by a large grey squirrel (no doubt the bandit who has been making off with all the peanuts lately!), at least half-a-dozen plump black crows, and two yearling fawns who also seem to take great pleasure in pruning the yew bushes just off the back porch... as well as the more usual birdly visitors. I finally managed to finish my Christmas Cards this evening; I don't know why I always put it off til the last minute. I'm the same way with Christmas shopping. I dislike shopping of any sort, and I find this frenzied time of year especially distasteful... much too crowded and hectic for me! I am not really a Scrooge... just not a shopper! So I still have much to do at this late date. I hope all is well with you and yours, and that your holiday plans are coming along well too! I wish you a very peaceful and pleasant holiday season, and that you find many blessings and joys come the New Year! Til next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment