Sunday, July 3, 2011

Banana Bon Bons


Thought I'd include a simple recipe for a cool summertime treat. I have been making simple banana ice cream for the grandchildren (freeze sliced, peeled ripe bananas til solid, place in food processor along with a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract and perhaps a tablespoon of maple syrup or agave nectar and puree til mixed), but the other day I wanted something with chocolate, so I made these instead!

Just peel and slice two or three ripe bananas, and dip into melted chocolate. I used about a cup of coarsely chopped Callabuet dark chocolate, and melted it for one minute in the microwave til it was soft enough to dip the slices into. I set the dipped slices on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, sprinkled the tops with either chopped walnuts or shredded coconut, and placed the tray in the freezer til they were all frozen, then moved them into to a covered freezer container. This proved to be a fast and delicious treat... good enough for the little ones and elegant enough for the grown-ups! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea.. My grandsons will love this.. Thanks so much.. And your minty tea is great too..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Faye... sometimes I have a moment! (not often!!!) They are just the perfect little something on a hot day. I think you both will like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, They look wonderful and dangerous! But I will make them anyway!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Goodness, these look spectacular!! Would certainly curb my sweet tooth. I will have to hide them though just for me HA!! The coconut really sounds good on the top too!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn and Pam... they ARE addictive little things, but certainly delicious! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete