Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings to You & Yours...& A Recipe


Posted Nov-21-07 16:56:09 PST
Good evening, dear friends...
I just wanted to take a minute & wish you all a blessed, peaceful Thanksgiving. I have been cleaning house & baking all day, and will continue with the cooking tomorrow! I love Thanksgiving & all it encompasses... family, friends, appreciating what we have to be thankful for, and of course... the FOOD! I love to bake & cook much more than I love housework, and I cook from scratch, so it takes a day or two! Today, I brined the turkey, roasted a variety of squash, made a batch of Coffee Cream Brulee and began other preparations to make all tomorrow's work a bit quicker. (The chickens, ducks, geese & guineas had an early Thanksgiving feast, as all the scraps, seeds & parings were saved for their dinner this evening!) Mom is making an apple pie, and hopefully tomorrow, we will find time to gather pine boughs for holiday decoration & to sell this weekend in our Barn-Shop. We had a bit of snow & it is very wet in the woods... but hopefully will be drier come tomorrow afternoon. Besides, I need to gather more kindling while we're out there!
This will be a bittersweet Thanksgiving for all of us without my dad being with us this year. I miss him so much, but know he will be with us in spirit.
I have a breakfast recipe for you to try... for Pumpkin Pancakes. I hope you'll give them a try, & I hope you'll like this recipe! Have a wonderful relaxing Thanksgiving from Laura of Wildenblue Farm.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
In a large batter bowl, sift together ...
2 1/2 cups Flour 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground Cloves 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
Stir with a fork, then add...
1 1/2 cup Milk 1/2 cup Applesauce (or Cranberry Sauce)
1/2 cup mashed Pumpkin 1/4 cup Molasses
1 Egg 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Combine til blended... do not over-stir. Cook on hot griddle as you do for pancakes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment