Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Garlic Harvest, etc.



Posted Aug-21-07 18:22:00 PDT
What a lovely day... we do need rain, but the cool, sunny weather is just perfect to be out in! Today was spent putting another layer of varnish on my "new" doors. I am very pleased with the way they have turned out... they will let in so much natural light! I cannot wait to finish them and put the hardware on and get them hung!
I also stained and sanded the gateleg table I've been working on. After stripping off four layers of paint... brown & yellow latex (ugh!), and white & light blue paint.... I ended up painting the base lamp black and staining the top Early American. I love it! Tomorrow I hope to get a layer of varnish on to seal & protect the top.
I also ruined mom's paint job a bit on the outhouse. (Sorry, Mom! I'll fix it!) I bought a can of sealing foam... the label is right when it says it expands 3 times to seal holes & cracks!!! Needless to say, I did not wear gloves, so my hands are COVERED in off-white dried foam sealer. Nothing would remove it, and I discovered that trying to peel it off also removes a layer of skin.
I did get a chance to harvest half the garlic... roughly 100 heads of the yummy cloves! The other half is not quite mature enough... perhaps another two weeks will do. I cleaned off the heads a bit and laid them on an old screen to dry for a week or so. I think supper will be a batch of Garlic Fry Bread tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment