Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Blessings...


Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter!

My daughter, mother and I have been busy refinishing the pine floor in the livingroom. We rented a commercial floor sander and edger and stripped it down to the bare wood. We spent the next three days applying a Tung Oil Finish cut with Citrus Solvent, and hand-rubbed the seven coats we applied. It looks lovely, but the rest of the house is utter chaos! Needless to say, we celebrated my daughter's and my birthday at mom's yesterday, and will spend Easter there too! We cannot put the furniture or braided rug back on the refinished floor for at least a few more days, so what's the use of having everyone come just to be confined to the kitchen?! I'm not sure what we'll do when we refinish the rest of the floor (kitchen, hallway, diningroom and foyer), but I'll worry about that when I need to. Well, I have a cake in the oven and rolls to finish shaping, so I'm off! Happy Easter to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment