Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Greetings



Sending this wish to you and yours for a wonderful Easter filled with the blessings of family and friends.

Hope you are all enjoying spring... we had a dusting of snow just the other morning, but it promptly switched to a cold, damp rain. I brought in a small load of firewood last week, and assumed it would last for the rest of the season. Needless to say, I had to start up both the fireplace (once the wind died down after a week) and the wood furnace to get the dampness out of the house ,and there went the wood!

I spent a few days planting onions and leeks out in the garden, and tidying things up from the winter. The greens are planted, and I had some spinach left in the ground from the fall which is coming along. I am hoping the sun will warm things up, as I am longing to clean out the barn, and get some real outdoor work accomplished.

I have been delving a bit into raw foods; though I haven't been tested, I have had strong suspicions of being sensitive to wheat/gluten for quite some time. (You all know how much I love baking breads and sweet things, so this has fueled my denial!) However, it's opened a whole new world to me, and being vegetarian already, and running a natural/ organic foods buying club for many years, has not been too difficult to adjust to. Time will tell where this will lead to, and if I will relapse soon, but it's an interesting process!

Well, enough of my rambling catch-up! Take care, and may you all have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, your blog is looking beautiful as always!! I so hope your are not going to have to give up your baking, but I sure do understand. I've had to give up on most dairy, but I seem to be fine as long as I limit myself. I hope it warms for you soon!! Happy Easter! Pammy xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pammy!
    I have been finding and taste-testing various recipes with different flours to try and re-create some favorites. I MUST remake your scrumptious Lemon Bars with a different flour. I ordered some almond flour and it may be promising!
    As you already know, there are so many non-dairy choices to try... I really love Almond Breeze "milk" and Stonyfield soy yogurts, and some of the non-dairy ice creams are palatable. (yum... chocolate dipped Rice Dream bars....)
    Have a great week, Pammy!! xox Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    I just found your beautiful Blog. Great recipes and posts. I just envy all that you do and artistic Etsy shop. It's a pleasure to meet you!
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of you, Liz! I must admit I run close to empty lots of times!

    ReplyDelete