Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Birthday Greetings to my mother


     I had to stop in to wish my mom a Happy 71st Birthday! We had lots of family here for dinner in celebration... mom made her much-loved Spaghetti Sauce, and I made Coffee Chocolate Cake for dessert.
     The coyotes have been howling up a storm... they woke me up at five this morning with all their yipping and calling. To top it off, two owls joined in the early-morning conversation, along with the 3 or 5 coyotes. As I was walking mom out to her car tonight, we heard them again. It reminded me that Halloween is but a month away!
     It has done nothing but rain here for several days, with only a few breaks in between. I took advantage of one today to pick raspberries and pack up an order for Sweet Annie and Bittersweet. I am grateful for the rain, as it has been very dry. However, we had planned on a kayak jaunt tomorrow, but it's not going to happen on account of the rain. But I will be babysitting my grandson, which is better yet!
   
    There are still a few more days to enter my SWEET ANNIE GIVE-AWAY! See the post below for further information!
   
    Well, it is near bedtime and I have a co-op order to put together first, so I must be off. I'll be back come October!

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your mom, laura! have fun babysitting! how old is the little tyke> herbal and honey hugs to you and i love your background music:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leslie, I'll pass your birthday greeting along to my mom... how sweet of you! My granson Ryan is almost 15 months old! Have a wonderful week, and thank you for your kind words! xox

    ReplyDelete